This bowl of kimchi tuna fried rice is full of ‘good for you’ proteins, grains and veggies, and the kimchi helps promote good gut bacteria. You can have it on the table in just 15 minutes.
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 stems broccolini, trimmed and cut in thirds
- 2 kale leaves, stems removed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons kimchi
- 2 Spring onions, finely chopped - reserved a few to decorate
- 1 x 74g pouch Safcol tuna in springwater
- 1 large very fresh free-range egg
- Hot chilli sauce to serve (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Japanese soy sauce (or to taste)
- On a high heat in a small wok or frying pan, add the 2/3rds of the coconut oil. Wait until it’s very hot, then add the broccolini and kale leaves cooking for about 1 minute until the broccolini is bright green and the kale is just slightly wilted. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Bring the pan back to very hot. fry the brown rice, garlic, ginger, spring onions. Cook for about minute or until the rice is hot, fragrant and slightly toasted. Stir in the tuna, and kimchi and heat through. Season to taste with soy.
- While the rice is cooking, in a small frying pan, add the remaining oil. Heat until hot then fry the egg to your liking.
- In a shallow bowl add the tuna kimchi rice, greens, and top with the fried egg and a scatter of sliced spring onions.
- Drizzle with hot sauce and serve hot. Done