Craving jacket potatoes? Try these baked tuna corn sweet potatoes, they’re tasty, easy to make, great comfort food, and far lower in carbs than a normal jacket potato.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, washed
- 1 x TC BOY Solid Tuna in Spring Water, drained and flaked
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley optional
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Wrap the sweet potatoes in foil and bake till tender (about 50minutes) Allow to cool enough so you can handle them.
- Cut them in half and use a spoon to scoop out the center leaving about 1cm of sweet potato flesh near the skin so the cooked potato holds together.
- Transfer the potato cases to a baking tray. Crumbled foil under them will help them keep their shape and stand upright.
- Place the potato flesh in a medium bowl and mash till smooth. Stir in the egg, tuna, corn and half of the cheese and parsley. Season well.
- Pile the tuna mixture back in to the potato halves.
- Top with the remaining cheese and return to the oven to bake for another 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salad or steamed greens. Done.